Where dyslexia is viewed as a gift to be embraced, not a problem to be solved.
Does your child shut down at school and tell you, “I work so hard! Why does it make sense for everyone else and not me?” Does your child have artistic, musical or theatrical gifts, but their success in the arts doesn’t seem to translate into their schoolwork? Are there good days and bad days for your child? Does the fluctuation seem mystifying and frustrating to you, as the parent? Does it feel like the IEP just isn’t working? Are you feeling stuck, not sure where to turn? Have you invested time and money into avenues that didn’t help?
The discouragement is real. But you're not alone.
As a teacher of 25 years with family and friends facing challenges of dyslexia, I understand what you face everyday. As a licensed Davis Dyslexia Correction Facilitator, I've seen how the right tools can change lives.
There is hope. We just have to approach this differently.
Helping children and adults with
Reading Writing Letter confusion Spelling Listening Comprehension Coordination Focus
8 Benefits of Working with Dyslexia Dynamics
1. You will feel heard. In our first consultation, I'll listen to your story: what's working, what's not, and your goals for your unique situation.
2. Convenient for your busy schedule. My home base is southeast Portland, but I can come to you. Just contact me for details. I travel through the Willamette Valley: including Portland, Salem, Corvallis, Albany, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Gresham, Lake Oswego, West Linn and Vancouver, WA.
3. Easy Scheduling. I know you're busy! We'll work together to make a plan that works for you.
4. One-on-one, individualized approach. Every student and every mind is unique. That's why I'll make a plan that works specifically for how the student learns and thinks. It’s true: one size does NOT fit all. I embrace who each student is and access their unique gifts and skills to get to the breakthrough.
5. We go at the student’s pace. This method of learning is fun and enjoyable, keeping the creative process at the heart of the method. This results in real, long-lasting, concrete learning.
6. We make learning fun! At the beginning of each student’s program, I will create a program progress map that is fun, visual, and tailored to their interests. Students report that working with Dyslexia Dynamics is actually FUN!
7. A kind and compassionate teacher. We know that teachers are doing the best that they can. But it’s a fact that some kids just get lost in the shuffle. My students say I am a great listener, compassionate, and easy to talk to. I love to bring out-of-the-box thinking to students who just learn differently!
8. Easy to use at home. Not only will your student experience breakthroughs and success like never before, but you will know exactly how to continue your success at home.
Here's how this works: 1. Schedule a free, no-obligation phone consultation. 2. Map out a plan that works for you and your family. 3. Experience hope, success, and support!
Professional services described as Davis®, including Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis Symbol Mastery®, Davis Orientation Counseling®, Davis® Attention Mastery, Davis® Math Mastery, and Davis® Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.